Saturday, May 8, 2010

WOW!!

My what a busy week this has been! Where to start...At the beginning I guess!

First, my husband, Robbie, is changing jobs. Kind of scary, but only in a "fear of the unknown" kind of way. God is good and I'm a believer that if the good Lord brings you to it He will surely see you through it. Anyway, since the taking of this new position doesn't allow for a big family vacation this year, Robbie decided he would take a week off before starting the new job. He could relax, spend time with Taylor and I, and finish his "honey do" list. I must say, he did so much work around the house this week he almost needs a vacation from his vacation. Thanks honey!

Second, on Wednesday May 5, 2010 my brother, Matthew, and his wife, Naomi, welcomed another little boy into their family. Jonah Levi Taylor joined his big brothers Jamison and Jacob at 2:26pm weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces. He is precious and I can't wait to get to Florida and snuggle him! Speaking of going to Florida...I'm planning to make that hour and twenty minute flight this Wednesday. I'm beyond super nervous about it. I could quite possibly have that child that everyone talks about for weeks once they get off the plane. The child who screams the entire time!!! Don't say I didn't warn you. If your scheduled to be on that flight, bring your ear plugs or reschedule! Now, don't get me wrong. Taylor is a wonderful baby. Very happy and so precious. Usually she doesn't fuss unless she is sleepy, hungry, or has dirty pants. However, she is NOT a fan of sitting down or sitting still. She likes to be up and on the move. Some might say she is a social butterfly. Therefore, being confined and having to sit still on a plane may go over very badly. Everyone be in prayer for us on Wednesday!

Lastly, since Robbie was home this past week we decided we would do a mini vacation and get out of town for the night. I wanted to do some shopping, since after having the baby I have lost a fair amount of weight and I no longer have any clothes that fit. We went to Huntsville and spent the night at the Westin. It was so nice. We shopped in Huntsville and at Bridge Street all day on Friday. I got to eat lunch at ROSIES...I LOVE Rosies. Taylor was a trooper. She loves being outside and riding in her stroller and I couldn't have asked for her to do any better. We had a yummy supper at Smokehouse Grill and got a good nights sleep! Then this morning we got up, got ready, and met some great friends at Cheddar's to eat lunch! What a great way to end a great week! I'm so thankful for this week to spend with Robbie and Taylor, but I must admit I'm sad to see it end. Now it's back to work and the daily grind.

2 comments:

  1. Your welcome. Sorry the flower beds got most of your family time. . . Going to miss you for the next two weeks :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Cheddars!!! Just remember, is she is bad on the flight, no one will remember who YOU are or what you look like, they'll just remember that "screaming baby" and they WILL get their payback! :)

    ReplyDelete